Tuesday, January 8, 2013

2012/2013

I had intentions on doing a year in review questionnaire but most of what I could remember came from the last few months of 2012 and therefore wasn't a review of the entire year. 
As I had mentioned early last year, I was videotaping my family's life throughout the year and making DVD's of each month so I wouldn't have to remember everything and we could look back on what happened throughout the year.  I taped extensively through January, February, and March.  By about April, I was too worn out from school and work and a new baby to videotape much.  Not to mention a Flip Ultra whose battery would only stay charged for 20 minutes of taping and a phone which lacked storage capacity.  I lost my motivation and therefore was left with much less footage than I would have like. 
I managed to make one DVD which consisted of my daughters birth in December 2011 and all of January 2012.  The rest of the material for 2012 is  scattered throughout my laptop, waiting for me to devote time to organizing it and putting it together. 

As for the challenges in the second half of 2012, I was on a roll updating as I was completing them, but then that got to be too much and the updates fell off.  I did manage to do most of the challenges, but even that fell off.  It was nice while it lasted and I have plans for them in the future.


Notable things that happened in 2012 that I can think of off the top of my head:
  1. I recovered from a C-section and went back to work.
  2. Stopped nursing Baby after 3 months and switched to formula against my will.
  3. Got rid of a vehicle and bought a new one.
  4. Made a road trip to Virginia Beach.
  5. Started a new job with more money.
  6. Had 2 holiday parties in our home.  (One for Thanksgiving and one for Christmas).
  7. Baby turned 1.
  8. Moonu got a saxophone;  the instrument he started playing over the summer
  9. Moonu started 4th grade.

I don't make new year's resolutions.  Ever.  But this year I want to make some goals because I have some floating around in my head that I want to see in print so I can stay motivated.
  • Go over our finances and come up with a game plan for paying off debt and saving so we can get our house.
I'm still on my house quest...now more than ever.  We previously agreed that we would stay in our townhouse for one more school year so there's no possibility that Moonu would have to switch schools since he only has one more year there.  I would hate to risk taking him away from the people he's so familiar with and throwing him into a new school for just one year.  Plus we'll be in a better place a year and a half from now.
  • Read through the Bible for the whole year and try to actually read every day instead of playing catch up.
I'm already slacking on this one as I am currently playing catch up and it's only the 8th.  For me this is a lofty goal but as soon as I get caught up I think I'll be fine.  I plan to be on track by the weekend. 
  • Finish school
This is my last semester and one of the classes is a Master's Project which I am not looking forward to.  I feel like I'll be in over my head but it must be done.  After this I don't see myself being in school for a long, long time. 
  • Read some books
I'm good with audio books which I listen to when I'm alone in the car, but I haven't sat down to read a book in a while.  I blame school.  Once I'm a student, I feel the weight of any assignments I have, hovering over me if I even think about doing anything recreational, especially reading.  If I pull out a book, I think how I should really be reading for the assignment I was given, or writing that essay due by Sunday, midnight.  Once school is over, I'll be free.
  • Start writing a book
One of my dreams in life is to write a book.  Whether self published or otherwise, I want a book written.  Maybe more than one.  I wont even burden myself with trying to 'write a book,' as in finish it, but I do plan to start it this year.


BabyBaby turned 1 on December 1, 2012
Yesterday, January 7, 2013, was Moonu's 10th birthday.

And notable thing #10 from 2012:  We found out we are having another baby.
Due May 9, 2013.
And it's a boy...



1 comment:

  1. Has it really been so long since I've visited your blog?!
    I hope all is well with you and your family and that you are right where you want to be with your goals.

    ReplyDelete